Friday, June 3, 2011

More snakes!

In case you can't tell, I love when I see new snakes.
Since yesterday, I've seen two.

First one is the garter snake I put up the other day near the drainage ditch. He must have heard somebody mispronounce his name as "gardener snake", so that's why I found him in the garden. But I had to break the news to him that actually he's a garter snake. Specifically, a two striped garter snake. From what I've read, it's actually the most common snake in Southern California, but today is only the second time I've seen one and he may even be the very same individual.

Love the red tongue!





Second one may be the very same snake I watched eat a lizard last year- If some of you are reading this because you know me on facebook, you may have seen the pictures I posted of him/ her. It's a red racer aka a red coachwhip. Very quick snake! I chased him down into the drainage ditch, where I finally found him curled up among some old tree roots.

First the picture from last year, with a lizard tail poking out of his mouth..



And here are the pictures of the snake I spotted yesterday. Maybe the same one?








No comments:

Post a Comment