Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wheaten Marans are here!

Though they've been here for a few weeks actually. I'm putting up pictures now, because they've gotten to my favorite age- feathered enough to live outside where they have enough room to frolic and be adorable.

Wheaten Marans lay that dark brown egg I love, and they have such a pretty color pattern in my opinion. Not very flashy, but just sort of 'natural bird' looking to me. I don't know what it is about them but they've been my favorite since I discovered them.

These guys and gals are starting to distinguish themselves now that their feathers are coming in- the girls have the 'wheaten' look, tan and brown- and the boys are much darker at the moment and getting more and more dark feathers every day.

There are three other chicks in the bunch that hatched from some blue/ splash marans eggs I purchased. They are a little younger and smaller and still mostly fluffy as opposed to feathered at the moment.

Here they are!





No comments:

Post a Comment