Friday, June 29, 2012

Peach Cobbler

We planted a tiny little 3 foot peach tree last year, and it is a champ! As spring started it was making so many little peaches that I worried all its limbs would break under the weight. We knocked about 2/3's of the little peaches off the branches, and we've still gotten about 25 beautiful ripe peaches from it.

So what to make with them? I'm a little hesitant to make anything, as I'm just crazy for ripe peaches. It almost seems a waste to eat them any other way. Finally yesterday (after eating them for about a three days) I had my fill and decided to start with a cobbler.

If you saw my olallieberry cobbler post, you are probably getting the theme, but I LOVE cobblers. So much easier than pie, and I prefer that sweet biscuity cake in the mix to pie dough. It's nice when your preference is also easy.

If you are local and want some good peaches, there is a little fruit stand on the 118 that has great peaches coming soon, if they aren't there already. Can't remember the name, but I go there every summer and will be again once these last 9 peaches are gone!

I used this recipe, and totally recommend it. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/southern-peach-cobbler-2/

I recommend staying clear of any cobbler recipe that doesn't have butter (cut in method) in the 'cake' portion of the recipe.

Here are the pictures. As always, nothing cooked with fruit looks as appetizing as the fruit itself, but believe me, this is GOOD!





No comments:

Post a Comment