Thursday, May 26, 2011

More wildlife

Just some photos of more animals in the garden.



A bee I chased with the camera trying to get a flying shot..




And here it is, ok not great but anyway. He's pollinating the tomatillo here..




For the next one you have to see a raspberry flower first- 
So here's a raspberry flower.




And here's a white spider with no web. He is always there, he holds his legs out like petals on a raspberry flower, and the bugs just come to him for that hug. He's hugging two flies here, so it looks like a pretty successful strategy..
Where did he live before we planted a raspberry I wonder? Maybe on the lemons next door?




Flies love compost, lizards love flies. Here's the king of the compost pile. 




And finally, one that's a first sighting for me. 
Jen actually spotted it in the grass while we were leaving for Lowes. In all my years in this county, I've never seen this species. Anybody care to guess? Pretty sure I knew the genus right away, but I had to dig up some info to get specific. Looks like we caught him enjoying a meal. I'm guessing he ate a fence swift (lizard) by where we found him. He was right near a wood pile where they are plentiful. 




Here's a hint!


No comments:

Post a Comment